The St. Christopher's School Lockdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris

+2
Dylan Melowitz
Laney Berry
6 posters

Go down

The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris Empty The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris

Post by Laney Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Now, while we will, of course, have our own original soundtrack for St. Christopher's, I decided this would be a fun thread for us to exchange music by popular artists which we think would fit in the world of this game. EVERYONE is allowed to post their own choices, as long as you can explain why you find it relevant (if it isn't obvious, that is)!

So, to kick it off-- and this one should, of course, go without saying...

Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

http://www.classroom-graffiti.com

Back to top Go down

The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris Empty Re: The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris

Post by Dylan Melowitz Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:05 am

Since we don't know the nature of the political rally, or what they're fighting for, I'm going to assume it is for one thing.....

THE RIGHT TO PARRRRRTAAAAY!

Dylan Melowitz
Dylan Melowitz
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris Empty Re: The Unofficial Soundtrack of St. Chris

Post by Greg Cassel Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:46 am

Dylan's link raises a practical question, because I love the song but it's not British: does that matter much?
Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 am

GregCassel wrote:Dylan's link raises a practical question, because I love the song but it's not British:  does that matter much?

'Course not! The soundtrack doesn't have to be British-exclusive at all. Just because my playlists in general tend to be slightly anglocentric doesn't mean yours do.
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Melowitz Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 am

GregCassel wrote:because I love the song but it's not British

Ask and you shall receive!
Coulda gone "Schools Out" but...
Little bit of a stretch, but I'm having fun with this. Lets turn this forum up to 11!
I think I went a little too crazy with this one

Teacher: And now we continue to ethics of slave trade of the 1700's, today we
Me: Mad  But what about the ethics of this school! Everyone is miserable! We won't tolerate th-

Teacher: You shut your mouth! Another word outta you, and I'll send you to the unspoken corner of this school. A room black as night, loud as outer space, a room where you'll gouge your eyes out for just another normal history lesson! You think you can have your own voice? Think again! This. Is. St. Christopher's! Evil or Very Mad 

Me: ....But where could you possibly-
Teacher: Dylan,you're going to "Bitch School"! mwahahahaha *cracks whip*

*class shudders from terror*

Reasons this song is here:

1) It is Spinal Tap. And Spinal Tap is awesome.
2) "I'm gonna break you with my will of steel.
Discipline's my middle name.
And no one comes back the same from
Bitch School."
3) It's Spinal Tap

Dylan Melowitz
Dylan Melowitz
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:56 am

Dylan Melowitz wrote:Teacher: You shut your mouth! Another word outta you, and I'll send you to the unspoken corner of this school. A room black as night, loud as outer space, a room where you'll gouge your eyes out for just another normal history lesson! You think you can have your own voice? Think again! This. Is. St. Christopher's!

This nearly made me choke on my soda from laughing so hard. I might seriously have to consider having a character say that in the most terrifying way possible.

Also, now you got me thinking about the concept of some kind of St. Chris roleplay subforum, which would be hilarious and kind of awesome at the same time...

Oh, and "School's Out" is also part of my St. Chris head-canon soundtrack, and has been for ages now. Good call!

Dylan Melowitz wrote:
1) It is Spinal Tap. And Spinal Tap is awesome.

This was the only reason you needed!!!!

All right, so I'll go again. Let's talk about the St. Christopher's generation...

Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 am

I think Laney already knows this, but the Who is the "classic rock" group that I most relate to. Smile
Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 am

Probably more than a bit downbeat for most of St. Chris, but I really like this song.

Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guran Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Chemical Brothers are the best, good choice Greg!

I first went through some obvious ones: Anarchy in the Uk, We're not gonna take it, Smells like teen spirit etc. But then I took a step back and thought for a while. What I would choose from my heart. And I came up with Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys. I love the song, it's caught nostalgia perfectly. And I can imagine students from St Chris thinking this way when they get older.

Guran
Guran
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:13 pm

I can look up the song, of course, but I've gotten the dreaded "The uploader has not made this video available in your country" thanks to being American.  Sad
Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 pm

This link has been sanitized for the protection of Americans!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY-WtRNIe9M
Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

This song has always sort of represented the British way of life to me.

Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by criezy Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Since we are not limited to British music, I will pick two songs from my library of french singers Very Happy I am not sure that they fits the "popular artists" criteria from the original post, but they are both popular enough to have a wikipedia page in English.

The first one is a bit old, but when you mention student protests in France you cannot not think about May 68.

And the second one is more recent, from an artist I love (and I even found a video where the lyrics are translated Smile). The song title translates as Youth, Rise up.
criezy
criezy
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin J Baird Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Best math song ever

Kevin J Baird

http://www.videogamenews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Some really great choices, guys! Criezy, I particularly enjoyed "Youth, Rise Up", very appropriate... And Kevin, I have a weakness for School of Rock-- naysayers can say whatever they want, but I adore Jack Black.

In any case, here's a song that, to me, somehow screams St. Chris. If I had all the money in the world, I would get the rights to have this on our official soundtrack for sure. The video also features some elements which, I hope, will be mirrored within the final episodes of the game...

Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin J Baird Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Ugh, I had to watch Muse. I need to go take a shower now. Blech... I see your weird emo video and raise you Grimes. And she has over ten million views for this wacky video. Drugs... They can make you famous.

Though the video for Oblivion is more like life in a college sporting event (If you're Canadian anyway) but the song is about walking home alone and being killed "See you on a dark night..." So not so much appropriate.

Alright I'm done. Get back to work!

Kevin J Baird

http://www.videogamenews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Melowitz Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Nice, love School of Rock!
And that Oblivion song (song, not the video) totally gave me flashbacks to watching "Drive".

I was a big fan of Muse, but I don't know...I just don't like "Madness" and the new album.

Can't put my finger on why, maybe it is a new over-reliance on electronica on the new album. They always had it, but I don't think it was ever this prevalent. Bellamy's guitar playing seems to have taken a back-seat as well.
Oh well, I'll always have "Knights of Cydonia" to listen to at least.
Dylan Melowitz
Dylan Melowitz
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 am

How about watching my favorite band implode and break up right before your very eyes? (Pity about the "Trial Version" watermark, but it's still brilliant.)

"Ah-hah-hah. Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good night!"
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Melowitz Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 am

Love the Sex Pistols. Luckily enough, my mom dragged me down to go see them and Reverend Horton Heat when I was really young. I think it was 10 years ago.
I have a punk type of mom, so taking her 9 year old to a concert was not a frowned upon venture for us.

Was in San Francisco as well, must have been an ironic anniversary of sorts!

EDIT: I just asked my Mom about that concert you posted, she says Johnny Rotten was saying that about themselves and not to the audience. Something about being scammed out of their money.
Dylan Melowitz
Dylan Melowitz
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 am

Dylan Melowitz wrote:EDIT: I just asked my Mom about that concert you posted, she says Johnny Rotten was saying that about themselves and not to the audience. Something about being scammed out of their money.

Indeed-- he was talking about how unhappy he was with the way his manager, Malcolm MacLaren, had turned the band into a huge gimmick. Sid Vicious was, at that point, a hardcore heroin addict, and Malcolm was actively encouraging it... Steve Jones and Paul Cook were constantly disagreeing with Johnny's artistic philosophy... And, of course, as your mom said, Malcolm was hoarding the cash and being extremely dishonest about it. It was basically an enormous mess. You should definitely take a look at Johnny Rotten's autobiography if the subject interests you-- he's an extremely intelligent and witty writer, and the story itself is absolutely fascinating.
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Melowitz Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 am

Good knowledge! And thanks for the tip on the auto-biography. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a copy of it somewhere.
I'll go look for it tomorrow.
Dylan Melowitz
Dylan Melowitz
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 am

Dylan Melowitz wrote:Good knowledge! And thanks for the tip on the auto-biography. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a copy of it somewhere.
I'll go look for it tomorrow.

Do it-- Roger, the main "heroic" figure (it's hard to say heroic, exactly, because everyone in St. Chris is just a human being with their own personal issues-- some just happen to handle them better than others) in the game is very much inspired by Johnny Rotten; I had just read his book when I came up with the character, so a lot of Johnny went into him.
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 pm

I have to defend Laney on the Muse link, because "Madness" is one of my favorite songs of the last few years. I've got no fear of melodrama and synthesizers! And damn, why wouldn't Matt Bellamy want that song on such an awesome game? Wink
Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Cassel Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Greg Cassel
Greg Cassel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum