The St. Christopher's School Lockdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamescom super-post!

3 posters

Go down

Gamescom super-post! Empty Gamescom super-post!

Post by Laney Berry Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 am

So, I got back from Gamescom just a couple of days ago, and can I just say that it was absolutely amazing? I've never met so many intelligent, talented and simply incredible people. This is cross-posted from my Facebook, but it bears all of the fun, relevant information from my experience... And you'll get a couple of pictures, too! Here we go...

HIGHLIGHTS:
-- Performing the greatest duet of The Human League's "Don't You Want Me, Baby", with Agustín Cordes unintentionally doing the female parts while I did the male ones...
-- Sitting down in a bright red bar lounge to play the incredible new game by J.U.L.I.A's Jan Kavan and Lukas Medek while drinking a long island ice tea recommended to me by the incredibly hip Vitek Goyel...
-- Stealing Martin Ganteföhr's lighter (sorry, LIGHTAH) multiple times...
-- Discussing classic 70s British punk rock with Charles Cecil over a delicious steakhouse dinner...
-- Receiving some of the best hugs ever at Ingmar Böke's "birthday" dinner, where he was given a tray of fake wooly knitted cupcakes...
-- Discussing Quest For Glory, Grim Fandango, and other classic titles with Julian Vermeulen and his lovely brother Karsten Vermeulen...
-- Trying to convince Rose Newell, translator extraordinaire, that I AM, in fact, from the United Kingdom...
-- Discussing Nintendo DS adventure games with the lovely Adventure Gamers reviewer, Astrid Beulink...
-- Attending the glorious Adventure-Treff beach party, and having the chance to meet the illustrious host, Michael Stein...
-- Getting to meet, hug and thank some of my wonderful, wonderful backers!! Matt Grandis, Wei Mi, Chooi, Palindrome Bob-- you know who you all are!
-- Getting to tell Ragnar Tørnquist (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall Chapters, etc) that I was one of the beta testers for The Secret World, and discuss secret societies with him!
-- Despite having to miss out on the interview, getting to know the lovely team from Adventure Corner-- Tobias Maack, Peter Färberböck, Ulrika Tegtmeier, and more!
-- Getting to know the fantastic Marco Dyziek, Nathan Ornick, Yoana Grzybowski, Kevin Mentz (from Daedelic, who is about to release a new game on Steam tomorrow!)...

It was all just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I did some great networking, and got the word out there far and wide about St. Christopher's. Now, we just have to hope the game can live up to the hype!

Gamescom super-post! 577304_686834691330241_18541160_n
Here I am with Lukas Medek and Jan Kavan (of J.U.L.I.A.) and the one and only Agustín Cordes (of Scratches, and coming soon, Asylum).

Gamescom super-post! 1098351_686189351394775_937613105_n
With the awesome Anne von Vaszary (Black Mirror 2), Martin Ganteföhr (Moment of Silence, Overclocked: A History of Violence) and Ingmar Böke (Adventure Gamers interviewer!)

Gamescom super-post! 999101_686186808061696_47099858_n
With Agustín Cordes again, and... Charles Cecil!! (Broken Sword, what else?!)
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

http://www.classroom-graffiti.com

Back to top Go down

Gamescom super-post! Empty Re: Gamescom super-post!

Post by PolloDiablo Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

And on the extreme right of that last picture, a keen eye can actually spot some of those wooly cupcakes (the technique used was crochet rather than knitting, by the way).

- PolloDiablo, ever the pedant

(Hi guys, I'm late to the party, my name on pretty much any adventure games related forum is PolloDiablo so I'm sure we've "met" before. I had a great time in Cologne where I met Laney a couple of times as well as some of the other backers, and saw some interesting new games)

PolloDiablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guran Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks for the update, seems like you had a great time!
Guran
Guran
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 am

PolloDiablo wrote:And on the extreme right of that last picture, a keen eye can actually spot some of those wooly cupcakes (the technique used was crochet rather than knitting, by the way).
Astrid-- I had no idea it was you who'd made the cupcakes-- they were so adorable!! I absolutely thought they were real at first, until I decided to poke one with my finger... I wish I'd asked to have one now, it would make such a lovely souvenir for a wonderful evening.
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloDiablo Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 pm

You were welcome to take one, without asking, they were meant to share around. Several people, including Kimara and Agustin, have taken one home. I know you're currently travelling, but if you have a forwarding address anywhere in the world, let me know and I'll send you one (if you have preference for the type of cupcake e.g. chocolate, choux, type of fruit decoration... also let me know and I'll make sure you get your favourite)!

PolloDiablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm

PolloDiablo wrote:You were welcome to take one, without asking, they were meant to share around. Several people, including Kimara and Agustin, have taken one home. I know you're currently travelling, but if you have a forwarding address anywhere in the world, let me know and I'll send you one (if you have preference for the type of cupcake e.g. chocolate, choux, type of fruit decoration... also let me know and I'll make sure you get your favourite)!
I thought they were just for Ingmar!! But anyway, you are so lovely to offer-- and in fact, you know what, I would absolutely LOVE a handmade cupcake from you, if you really don't mind making it! I'd pay for shipping, of course, since shipping to Chile (where I am right now) can be costly, and I'd hate to make you do that.

Hmmm..... Is there any way you could make a cupcake that looks a little bit like a Pomeranian? I'd love a little crocheted cupcake that looks just like my puppy!

This is him, but I think you could pretty much use any Pomeranians from a Google image search for reference-- there are zillions who look just like him.

Gamescom super-post! 531087_470756876301323_585646830_n

If that's too difficult, though, just let me know, and I'll think up something easier!
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloDiablo Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm not really sure what a cupcake looking like a Pomeranian would look like, but challenge accepted! Very Happy I need to find some nice fluffy wool first, and then I'll give it a go.

PolloDiablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guran Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Speaking of Pomeranians, I just finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. A Pomeranian is one of the main, playable characters! Have you tried that one Laney? Since I saw in this post that you discussed adventures on Nintendo DS I thought you might have Wink
Guran
Guran
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by Laney Berry Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Guran wrote:Speaking of Pomeranians, I just finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. A Pomeranian is one of the main, playable characters! Have you tried that one Laney? Since I saw in this post that you discussed adventures on Nintendo DS I thought you might have Wink
YES!!! MISSILE!!! He was the ENTIRE reason I had my heart set on a Pomeranian, if you can believe that. I fell majorly in love with the character, and found out that the designer of Ghost Trick had based him off of his actual, real life dog. So I did some research, and just became obsessed with the breed.

So, Okosan is in my life entirely thanks to Ghost Trick! (Which was an excellent game, by the way.)
Laney Berry
Laney Berry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guran Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:48 am

Laney Berry wrote:
Guran wrote:Speaking of Pomeranians, I just finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. A Pomeranian is one of the main, playable characters! Have you tried that one Laney? Since I saw in this post that you discussed adventures on Nintendo DS I thought you might have Wink
YES!!! MISSILE!!! He was the ENTIRE reason I had my heart set on a Pomeranian, if you can believe that. I fell majorly in love with the character, and found out that the designer of Ghost Trick had based him off of his actual, real life dog. So I did some research, and just became obsessed with the breed.

So, Okosan is in my life entirely thanks to Ghost Trick! (Which was an excellent game, by the way.)
Wow, thats incredible! I really liked the game too, and especially MISSILE!! His personality is amazing and very "dog like". By the way, both you and Lynne have red hair and similar names. Before this I would've seen it as pure coincidence but now I'm not so sure Smile
Guran
Guran
St. Christopher's Alumni

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloDiablo Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 am

PolloDiablo wrote:I'm not really sure what a cupcake looking like a Pomeranian would look like, but challenge accepted! :DI need to find some nice fluffy wool first, and then I'll give it a go.
The wool should be delivered today... I'll let you know if I can work with it Very Happy 

PolloDiablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum